Last Updated on April 24, 2021 by Rei Ramos
So you just bought a $300+ hair dryer… Oh well who am I to judge.
Seriously though good job, the dyson hair dryer is one of our most recommended hair dryer.
We often call this the Ferrari of hair dryers. Everything about Dyson is precisely made to be superior in quality.
In our opinion, it’s definitely worth it. Not only would this hairdryer cut your drying time in half, but it also has great attachments included.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
First of all, what is a hair dryer diffuser?
Hairdryer diffusers are an attachment that is mostly included in medium to high range hair dryers. You can also buy them separately, but be careful and make sure that it’s a universal attachment. A hairdryer diffuser is a bowl-shaped spikey thing that functions, as the name suggests, to diffuse hot hair.
Just like what a shower does, a diffuser scatters the air into a much larger area instead of a focused stream of air.
But why do we need to scatter the hot air? Isn’t it much faster to dry when the hot air is focused on one area?
So can I use my Dyson diffuser on my straight hair?
If your goal is to add more volume, then yes! A diffuser used by those with straight hair is a fantastic way to get that beachy waves. It can also be used to curl if you know what you’re doing. Another great benefit of using a hairdryer diffuser is it reduces the chance of heat damage and frizz by dispersing the air in a larger section compared to using a normal hairdryer.
Steps on how to use a hair dryer diffuser on straight hair.
- This is optional but, you can wash and use conditioner to hydrate your hair. But if your not in the mood to wash, you can also just wet your hair. But if you decided to wash, make sure that you use a sulfate-free shampoo to avoid drying out your hair.
- Towel dry your hair to about 60 percent using a t-shirt or a microfibre towel.
- For best results, use a leave-in conditioner after drying your hair. This will prevent your hair from frizz and make your hair extra smooth.
- Attach your diffuser and set your hairdryer to low-medium heat. Setting it to a lower setting first would reduce the chance of frizz.
- This is optional but highly recommended. You can apply some heat protectants to protect your hair from heat damage even more. We recommend looking at the ingredients at the back and look for silicon. Silicon-based products are great for protecting your hair from getting heat damage.
- Start drying your hair by tilting your head to one side and placing the diffuser near the roots of your hair. Hold until dry. Make sure that you move on a circular motion while doing this to gently massage your hair. After the roots are dry, move down then repeat to the other side of your head.
- After your whole head is dry, gently mist your hair with the styling spray of your choice. This will help you retain the style all day.
Using a hairdryer diffuser on a straight hair is totally possible. While manly used by those who have curly hair, diffusers’ main benefit for straight hair is that it adds volume when used correctly. It can also give you that beachy summer waves. Another benefit of using a hairdryer on straight hair is that it reduces breakage because the heat is not concentrated in one place.